Ticket Booking & Discounts
There are several ways to save on your LSO booking, from flexible multibuys to our popular £10–16 Wildcards, plus discounts for groups, under-18s, and Barbican Access Members.
Booking Your Tickets
£4 booking fee per transaction when booking online or by phone
Refunds and Exchanges
If you can no longer user your tickets, you can exchange them for another LSO concert or Barbican credit voucher (valid for six months). Please inform the Box Office at least 24 hours before the performance (two weeks for group bookings). A per-ticket administration fee applies for all exchange services.
Questions About Your Booking?
If you have a question about an existing booking, you can contact the Barbican Box Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any problems when booking online via the LSO website, you can contact us at email@example.com.
Visit the Barbican website for full conditions of sale.
Multibuy & Top-Up Discounts
Save on your tickets when you book for multiple concerts at the same time.
Save on tickets by booking just two or more concerts at the Barbican at the same time, when buying the same number of tickets for each performance (offer excludes Family and Showcase Concerts).
You will also automatically receive the same saving on any further top-up bookings you make for concerts within the same season.
2023/24 Season – September to June
- Book 2 to 3 concerts and save 10%
- Book 4 to 7 concerts and save 20%
- Book 8 to 11 concerts and save 30%
- Book 12 or more concerts and save 40%
You will also automatically receive the same saving on any further top-up bookings you make for concerts in the same season.
All customers who book multibuy tickets will retain their discount for any later top-up bookings within the same season.
Anyone booking just one main season concert will receive a 10% discount for any later top-up bookings within the same season.
Log in with the details used to book the original tickets to automatically receive the discounts.
Higher discounts are available if enough qualifying concerts are booked at the same time.
BBC Radio 3 Concerts at LSO St Luke’s
Tickets are discounted to £12 each when you book for three or more concerts in the 2023/24 season at the same time.
Experience the London Symphony Orchestra for less with Wildcard tickets for evening concerts at the Barbican.*
About Wildcard Tickets
For £12 or £16 (£10 or £15 for Half Six Fix concerts), plus booking fee, you are guaranteed entry to the concert but you won’t know your exact seat until the evening of the performance.
You could get lucky with a top-price seat in the stalls or circle, or slip in at the back of the balcony. That’s the chance you take to save.**
Wildcard tickets will be available each season on a first-come, first-served basis, with staggered releases through the season.
* Excluded: LSO Discovery Family Concerts, LSO Discovery Showcase.
** Top-price seats are worth at least £65 (£35 for Half Six Fix concerts); bottom-price seats are worth £18.
How it Works
- Look for the Wildcard button on each event listing, then book your discounts (online booking only).
- Please note that there’s a limit of two tickets per person per concert. We cannot guarantee that two tickets purchased at the same time or individually will be seated next to each other.
- Once purchased, a Wildcard ticket guarantees you entry, but your seat won’t be assigned until the evening of the concert.
- On the night, go to the Barbican Box Office on the Stalls level (–1) to exchange your Wildcard ticket for a valid concert ticket.
- Available Wildcards for a concert may rise in price from £10 to £15 or from £12 to £16. Make sure you book early for the best price.
£4 booking fee per transaction. Online booking only. Tickets subject to availability, max two per person. Cannot guarantee that two tickets purchased at the same time will be seated next to each other. Wildcard tickets must be exchanged for a concert ticket at the stalls box office on the evening. No substitutions, exchanges or refunds within 24 hours of a concert. Cannot be combined with any other offers or discounts.
Discounts for Young People
Under-18s tickets for LSO concerts at the Barbican Centre are £6, and are available for every concert.
Adults may purchase up to three tickets for under-18s (unlimited for Family Concerts).
The Young Barbican scheme gives 14–25-year-olds discounted access to unmissable art and entertainment – including LSO concerts – as well as exclusive events and creative opportunities.
Students can enjoy a selection of LSO concerts at the Barbican Centre and LSO St Luke’s from £6 through free membership of Student Pulse, with no extra booking fees.
Student Pulse brings together eleven of London’s best orchestras and venues to offer discounted tickets to a huge range of classical music events. Download the Student Pulse app and enjoy:
- Thousands of discounted tickets in one place
- Quick and easy booking with no extra fees
- Loyalty Points with every purchase, trade in for rewards
Browse, book and view Student Pulse tickets on your smartphone, or purchase direct through the mobile compatible website.
Discounts & Benefits for Groups of 10+
- 20% discount on tickets for one concert, or 30% discount when booking two or more concerts within the season
- No additional booking fees
- Dedicated group booking service
- Obligation-free reservations, with no payment due until four weeks before your chosen concert
- Priority booking period when a new season is announced
- Convenient coach drop-off and pick-up points
- Further benefits available for larger groups
Discounts for School Groups of 10+
- £6 tickets for under-18s, with no limit on maximum under-18 tickets per paying adult (usually max 3 per adult)
- 20% discount on full price tickets for any accompanying adults, or 30% discount when booking two or more concerts within the season
Join the Barbican Access Scheme to inform us of your requirements and to book access tickets.
Wheelchair accessible seats are available for all events and if you need the assistance of an essential companion, you’ll also be able to book a free ticket for them.
Booking a Wheelchair Space Online
Access members should select a seat displaying the wheelchair user icon and then select wheelchair user ticket type. The ticket will be priced at the lowest price for that event. If you need an essential companion, please select the click the E icon next to the wheelchair space you have selected.
Booking Essential Companion Tickets Online
Access members should select at least two tickets and one of them will be automatically discounted to zero in the basket.
To book tickets Access Members can also email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7101 1188 (Mon–Sun 10am–5.30pm).
LSO St Luke’s Concessions
Selected concerts and events at LSO St Luke’s have concession prices available, including BBC Radio 3 Lunchtime Concerts – please check individual listings for full details and prices.
Unless otherwise stated, concessions apply to over-60s, the unemployed and students.
Terms & Conditions
All discounts are subject to availability and may not be combined.
Exceptions may apply.
Multibuy and top-up discounts will be automatically applied at checkout. Concerts must be booked in one transaction to receive an initial multibuy discount.
Booking fees are per transaction and not per ticket, and are £4 (for Barbican concerts) and £1.50 (for LSO St Luke’s concerts).