LSO activity at LSO St Luke's
During the national lockdown period in January and February 2021, the doors of LSO St Luke's will be closed to the public, and recording projects behind closed doors have been paused for two weeks from 10 January onwards. We hope to be able to resume our recording and streaming programme in due course, following the latest available Covid-19 government guidelines. Please continue to check our website and social media channels for the latest updates.
During earlier phases of activity, a number of measures were introduced at LSO St Luke's to help everyone remain safe:
- Providing sanitising stations at each entrance, and access to handwashing facilities
- Temperature checks on entrance to the grounds
- Managing schedules to minimise the time that people have to be on site and travel during busy periods
- Allocating workstations, music stands and chairs to avoid sharing and possible risk of cross-contamination
- Masks to be worn by everyone at all times when in the building except when eating/drinking
- Disposable black masks provided for wear during performances
- Pre-planned use of all available areas in the building to de-densify spaces
- Librarians wearing gloves when handling scores
- Signage reminding people to keep a distance of 2m wherever possible, including whilst moving around LSO St Luke’s with clear directional signage and the use of one-way systems
- Regular cleaning with particular attention to all contact surfaces, including door handles, handrails, chairs, music stands, etc and other hard surfaces
- Toilets to be regulated in terms of usage, and regularly cleaned and disinfected
- Running air management system at 100% 2 hours before, during the event and 2 hours after to ensure maximum fresh air circulation
- No provision of refreshments except for a contactless drinking water dispenser
- Maintaining a database of contact details for anyone involved in LSO/LSO St Luke’s activity to aid the NHS Test & Trace scheme, and displaying the venue's NHS QR Code. Data kept secure and disposed of after 21 days
- Regular COVID testing of all players and staff on site provided by partners DnaNudge
We will continue to review and manage potential risks, particularly in response to any changing guidance from the government, and will communicate such changes to our musicians and staff.
LSO St Luke's & Barbican Centre audience members
Update as of 7 January 2020
From 5 January LSO St Luke's and the Barbican are operating in national lockdown. Unfortunately the LSO concerts and LSO St Luke's events between 7 January and 28 February are no longer able to take place.
> Find out more
> Broadcast schedule
We appreciate your support during this time, and ask that you bear with us and the Box Office as ticket-holders are notified. If you have booked a ticket for something that’s been cancelled, you will be able claim a refund or exchange your tickets and the Barbican Centre Box Office will be in touch soon.
We have been granted the use of Society Of London Theatre & UK Theatre's 'See It Safely' mark. The mark certifies that we are complying with the latest Government and industry COVID-19 guidelines, to ensure the safety of our staff and audiences. You can find out more here about the measures we have been putting in place.