LSO Jerwood Composer+ is a new programme that will support early career composers in programming, planning and delivering chamber-scale concerts in the Jerwood Hall at LSO St Luke’s, including work of their own developed through the programme.
Two composers will be accepted onto the LSO Jerwood Composer+ programme each year for a 16-month placement with the LSO. The composers will each be given the opportunity to programme, plan and deliver two concerts at the Jerwood Hall at LSO St Luke’s, enabling them to showcase new music by both themselves and other composers whilst gaining entrepreneurial skills through mentoring from key LSO staff. The concerts will make a substantial contribution to the diversity of the music programme for audiences at LSO St Luke’s.
Applications for September 2017
Applications are now open.
LSO Jerwood Composer+ will support two composers in planning and running two concerts each in the Jerwood Hall at LSO St Luke’s, including work of their own developed through the programme.
Please download the Applications Guidelines below for full details:
Additionally, please complete our online Equal Opportunities Form. The form is not used in the selection process and is kept in an anonymous format for monitoring purposes only.
Deadline: Friday 28 July 2017 (midday)
The programme will provide:
- the opportunity to plan and deliver showcase concerts at LSO St Luke’s, giving participating composers creative freedom to explore classical and/or cross-genre collaborations and unconventional concert formats and timings to appeal to target audiences
- support in developing showcase concerts through a bespoke programme of mentoring from key LSO staff, to build skills and experience in programming, event planning, budgeting, marketing, fundraising and evaluation
- access to LSO composition workshops and masterclasses with established composers and LSO musicians
- access to the facilities at LSO St Luke’s
- mentoring from an established external music sector professional, such as a composition teacher, festival promoter, or media specialist
Applications are invited from exceptional early-career composers of any musical background who would like to gain entrepreneurial skills to support their professional development, work with world-class orchestral musicians and contribute to the concert programme for audiences at LSO St Luke’s. We particularly welcome applications from underrepresented groups. Applicants may not be in full time formal education or training.
Jerwood Composer+ is generously supported by Jerwood Charitable Foundation