1. All participants must be aged 30 or under on 21 March 2023.
2. All participants must be citizens of the UK, of countries having full membership of the European Union, or of Norway, Iceland, Lichtenstein or Switzerland.
3. After the application deadline the selection panel will shortlist 20 candidates, who will be informed of the results. The selected participants will be invited to take part in the competition in London.
4. All rounds will take place at LSO St Luke's with the London Symphony Orchestra.
5. Twenty conductors will be selected to enter Round 1, with ten of those selected at the end of the day for Round 2. The three finalists chosen for the Final Round will be announced at the end of Round 2.
6. Participants should prepare all repertoire. For Rounds 1 and 2 they will be told their repertoire immediately before taking the stage. The three finalists’ repertoire and running order is drawn by lot at the end of Round 2.
1. You must scan and upload an image of your passport's information page for verification purposes.
2. Please prepare a video of yourself conducting. The video must be no shorter than 15 minutes and should contain at least three contrasting pieces, at least one of which should include the beginning and end of the work. Candidates should be visible from an orchestral musician's point of view. NB if your video does not meet these requirements the panel will be unable to view your submission.
3. The video should be uploaded to YouTube. Please ensure that your video is set as Public or Unlisted - we will not be able to watch it if it is set to Private.
4. You will need to submit a short biography (max. 5000 characters), which should include your recent place(s) of study and/or the name of your teacher(s) as well as a concise list of recent and forthcoming engagements.
5. Entry costs £60, payable using either a Paypal account or credit card. You will be taken to the payment page once you have submitted your application form. Please note that we will not be able to process your application until payment has been received.
6. Please be aware that the Final of the Competition will be streamed live. By entering the Competition you are giving your consent for your performance, should you reach the Final stage, to be filmed and broadcast online. All rights will be owned by the Competition in perpetuity.