- All participants must be under the age of 35 on the first date of the Competition (i.e. 15 November 2016)
- All participants must be citizens of the 28 countries having full membership of the European Union (list of EU countries on the EU website).
- After the application deadline the selection panel will shortlist 20 candidates in early June 2016, who will be informed of the results in July 2016. The selected participants will be invited to take part in the competition in London.
- Rounds 1 and 2 will take place at the Guildhall School of Music & Drama with the Guildhall School Symphony Orchestra; the final round will take place at the Barbican with the London Symphony Orchestra.
- Participants are asked to prepare all repertoire. For Rounds 1 and 2 they will be told their repertoire immediately before taking the stage. The three finalists’ repertoire and running order is drawn by lot at the end of Round 2.
The repertoire for the 2016 competition will be available when entry opens in December.
(Approx. 15 minutes for each of the 20 candidates)
(Approx. 30 minutes for each of the 10 candidates)
(drawn by lot at the end of Round 2; rehearsed am & pm with LSO on day 3, final performance 7pm)