The LSO is seeking to build a family of composers with which it works, from the young newcomers through to the most established figures. The LSO can offer a unique opportunity for a composer – from the speed and accuracy of reading new scores, through to the definitive performance that is possible with the LSO and a leading conductor.
The LSO’s commissioning aspirations are extensive, working with composers of all ages and from different disciplines producing works of varying size, scale and genre. The LSO also welcomes the chance to present work recently commissioned by leading artists.
Members of the Commissioning Circle will provide a fund which supports these new projects and enables the LSO to maintain its reputation as a commissioning orchestra which pushes the boundaries of new symphonic repertoire.
With support from the Commissioning Circle the LSO will be able to:
- Offer new composers the experience of working with a full-scale professional Orchestra
- Support the development of new symphony orchestra repertoire by internationally renowned composers.
- Ensure appropriate rehearsal time is allocated to preparing the commission, in the weeks prior to the premiere and in the performance week itself.
- Develop links with LSO Discovery projects and interactive online activity to raise awareness and provide an insight into the processes involved in new compositions.
Commissioning Circle members will be:
- Kept informed by the Managing Director as commissioning projects develop
- Offered an insight into the composition process and artistic planning of new commissions
- Invited to attend premiere performances supported by the Circle
- Invited to engage with the LSO’s family of composers
- Acknowledgement of support around Premiere performances
Join the Commissioning Circle today
To join the Commissioning Circle or for more information please contact the LSO Development Office on 020 7382 2514 or email email@example.com.
The London Symphony Orchestra is a registered charity no 232391.